With ever growing needs of patients towards different treatment modalities, Pain Management is now recognized as a multidisciplinary field. This multidisciplinary common field is shared by Pain Management specialists, anesthesiologists, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, surgeons, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, medical specialists and members from the faculties of basic medical sciences.
• Provides graduates with the informed and evidence-based ability and skills to manage pain in a variety of settings.
• Is designed to encourage multidisciplinary learning.
• Will equip students with the knowledge and skills to manage pain more effectively.
• MBBS or equivalent qualification recognized by PM&DC.
• Anesthesiologist (MCPS / FCPS) or those with 3 years experience in anesthesiology will be given preference.
• FCPS in other specialties (Medical and Surgical allied).
• Candidate shall have to appear in university based entry test.