During the entire period of training, in addition to receiving instructions in theory and practical from the relevant faculties of the Riphah, the postgraduate student required to work, full time, in the department of Anesthesiology at the Railway General & Teaching Hospital Rawalpindi to get the practical training in anesthesia and have to follow the schedule of teaching and training given by the department from time to time.
The postgraduate students are required to attend a minimum of 75% of all the lectures which are delivered on every Friday, tutorials and practical individually. The syllabus and the curriculum are in accordance to International Standard and approved by the Board of Studies & Academic Council of the university.
• MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognized college.
• One year house job in recognized institution OR Practical experience of working in Anesthesia department of a teaching hospital, as Medical Officer for not less than one year, in lieu of above.
• Pre-PO training in Anesthesiology, at the Department of Riphah, or affiliated medical colleges, for a period of one year.
• Registration for DA under Riphah.
• Valid registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC).
• Candidate shall have to appear in university based entry test.