The program has been designed to meet the expected manpower requirements in the wake of fast-moving globalization and particularly the impact of CPEC scenario on the local job market. Near future will witness the growth of small and large projects of different kinds not only on the route of the CPEC but growth of auxiliary industry in small and big cities of the country. Reasonably large number of project jobs at a different level would need to be filled up with trained and qualified persons. The advent of a large number of projects would also require manpower trained in Supply Chain management. The program has been designed to cover essential of both areas i.e. project management and supply chain management. Supply chain management focuses on how firms utilize their supplier’s processes, technology, the capability to enhance competitive advantage, and the coordination of the manufacturing, logistics, and materials management functions within a project or an organization.
In addition to these specialized areas, the students will be exposed to main functional areas of an organization i.e. Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management. A special emphasis is on developing soft skills and a holistic personality. Inculcating Islamic ethical values is a hallmark of every program offered by Riphah. The teaching pedagogy will be to use real-world examples and develop modeling skills.
At the end of this program, students should be able to;
- Understand the nature of projects, its constraints and supplies requirement
- Understand the Supply Contracts and its obligations
- Understand the management components of Logistic and supply chain
- Understand the tools and techniques used in implementing project supply chain management
- Use the tools and techniques for analysis of strategic, tactical, and operational decisions including facility location, vehicle routing/transportation and inventory management.
- Add value at each step in both service and manufacturing oriented projects and its supply chain.