Riphah International University Signed MoU with Rescue 1122
On 8th Feb.2017, a MoU signing ceremony held at rescue 1122 H/Q, Rawal Road, Rawalpindi between Riphah International University and Rescue 1122. Director RSWD Dr. Azhar Halim & District Emergency Officer Rescue 1122 signed the MoU. RSWD is engaged in strengthening and collaborating with other likeminded organizations to boost the image of Riphah and expend its expertise and share other’s potentials.
The organizations have reached an understanding, as under:
· Rescue 1122 and Riphah International University will encourage participation and coordination among their respective internal departments.
· Riphah (RSWD) is committed to provide 25% concession in fee in their academic programs for rescuers in MS Programme.
· Riphah (RSWD) will provide discount health facility (Indoor-outdoor) in Riphah hospital for the rescuers as well as their families.
· Rescue 1122 shall facilitate the members and the partners of the Riphah (RSWD) to achieve the objectives of the safer community development in the Rawalpindi region through RESCUE MOHAFIZ campaign.
· Riphah (RSWD) will bear the expenditures of procuring requisite logistics(Printing of banners, steamers, pamphlets etc) and kind support for the Community Awareness /Welfare actives like International Fire Fighting day, World environment Day, World First Aid Day, National Disaster Day, World Trauma Day, World remembrance Day for Road Traffic Victims mutually agreed.
· Riphah (RSWD) will send their students on any community events for which transportation shall be provided by Riphah.
· Riphah (RSWD) will provide hall/students for public safety seminars.
· Rescue 1122 will help the academic students of Riphah by providing of data for research/ project activities.
· Riphah (RSWD) shall nominate a focal person to work with the District Emergency Officer and Community safety Officers of RESCUE 1122 to improve collaboration to achieve the desired objectives.
· Rescue 1122 Officers will give lecture on Disaster Management/Basic life Support to the facility as well as Student of Riphah as & when required.
In this regard, first training form the Rescue 1122 for Fire Fighting will be held in third week of current month at Max Health Hospital G -8, Islamabad.
Consequently other activities will be done in future with their collaboration, like weekly Public Awareness Program on FM -102.2. Furthermore, District Emergency Officer will be deliver lectures in MS Disaster Management class & also participate in training. 1122 will facilitate training for RIH, PRH & Max Health ambulance drivers.
Glimpse of the ceremony are