One day Workshop on Get to Know: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
A one day workshop was organized at WISH Campus- Riphah International University Islamabad by the Department of Applied Psychology on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on Friday, April 6th, 2018.
Ms. Halima S. Qureshi (Clinical Psychologist, Lecturer Bahria University, Islamabad) was the Guest Speaker of the occasion.
The students took a keen interest in the event and participated in interactive discussions in Question Answer and activity sessions. Guest Speaker highlighted the main themes and strategies of CBT. Further informative shared include the following:
· Understanding of the cognitive model.
· Detail information regarding the structure of a cognitive therapy session.
· Learning about cognitive behavior therapy interventions and effective techniques for the clients.
· Understanding techniques to develop the therapeutic alliance.
· Using techniques to elicit and evaluate automatic thoughts.
· Identifying strategies to modify core beliefs and assumptions.
· Case scenario and individual core beliefs identifications were discussed in which students actively participated and discussed their understanding of core beliefs about their concerns.
The workshop was very helpful for the students and faculty members as it introduced them to another therapeutic intervention and important and practicing strategies of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).