The Development of Islamic Studies was established in 2016 to provide an insight into Islamic knowledge and inculcate the Islamic vision of life into practice. For this purpose, the department has scholarly faculty members having expertise and experience in teaching Islamic thought and philosophy. The faculty team has been effectively applying pedagogical motivational techniques, innovative teaching strategies, and experiential learning practices for delivering Islamic knowledge. Consequently, the students become familiar with the theoretical understanding and practical implementation of Islamic teachings. In pursuit of the university vision and mission, the fculty members of the department has a great emphasis on the students' ethical grooming and character building based on the Islamic ethical system and moral values, which makes the Riphah University a unique institution.
Nevertheless, the department has taken significant steps to achieve the desired goals and objectives of the university by offering life and living courses in all faculties and departments. The department also emphasizes the development of a holistic personality through research, education, and training programs for systematic reforms, transformation, tolerance, forbearance, and innovative solutions, and social change in the community. Overall, the Department of Islamic Studies (DIS) aims at inculcating Islamic vision of life among the students, developing a moderate, dynamic and wholesome personality, preparing competent Muslim professionals, familiarizing the students with fundamental beliefs of Islam, providing awareness about the contemporary challenges of the Muslim world, and acquainting the students with the Islamic ideology and ideological foundations of Pakistan.
Objectives of the Department:
The Department of Islamic Studies (DIS) offers the programs at undergraduate and graduate levels aiming:
- To provide in-depth knowledge and deep understanding of the Islamic sciences including, Al-Qur’an, Al-Hadith, Al-Fiqh, Seerah of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), Islamic History, Islamic thought, Islamic Culture, and Islamic Civilization.
- To develop a clear and dynamic vision of life among the students so that they can contribute to the culture of knowledge, research, and innovation.
- To create an insight into Islamic teachings to solve the contemporary issues of the society and deal with challenges faced by the Muslim community (Ummah) around the globe
- To equip the students with the skills of Islamic education through experiential learning for exposure to modern sciences, social development, and responsible citizens.
- To train the students with the modern methods and techniques of Islamic Da’wah for contributing to the activities of Da’wah globally.
- To familiarize the students with ideologies and philosophies of the contemporary world and enable them to analyze these issues in the light of Islamic sources critically.
- To produce competent Islamic scholars who have in-depth knowledge of primary sources of Islamic thought, including the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him).