Riphah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (RIPS) is functioning under the umbrella of Riphah International University - a chartered “W” Category University by the Federal Government and recognized by the Higher Education Commission. The Institute has already been inspected for affiliation by the Pakistan Pharmacy Council. The institute is housed in a purpose-built dedicated campus. RIPS has 14 Labs, 5 Lecture Halls an auditorium and Conference room. All the laboratories are fully equipped with the latest equipment for conducting practical as well as research work. The Labs, Lecture Halls and Seminar Library, auditorium and Conference room are all air conditioned while the Lecture Halls are fully equipped with multimedia system/overhead projectors and sound system. RIPS has a strong Faculty of 30 highly qualified and experienced academicians including 5 Ph.D.’s. besides 8 visiting faculty members. RIPS has two libraries, the Main library and the Seminar library which maintains a Book Bank providing text books to all the students.
- To develop human resources in the field of Pharmacy who can respond to the present as well as future needs of the society at home and abroad with an ethical orientation.
- To have collaborative research interaction with universities and research institutions in Pakistan and also abroad.
- To provide quality education to produce pharmacists who with required skills and knowledge of Pharmaceutical Sciences and to provide effective and efficient health care services to the community, hospitals, industry and the government.
- To create facilities for conduct of bio-availability and bio-equivalence studies in order to improve quality of drugs in the country.
- To do research on Herbal/Traditional medicine for development of novel therapeutic agents and Quality Control of Herbal drugs.
- To conduct training courses for the Pharmaceutical professionals to update their skill and knowledge.
- To impart state of the art integrated education to the students
- To prepare health caring and community oriented pharmacists
- To enable the pharmacist:
- To possess specific knowledge, attitudes, skills and behavior for the welfare of the patients.
- To be able to display Islamic virtues and personal character such as sense of responsibility towards patients, community and colleagues.
- To play leadership role in the health care delivery system.
- To provide informed and objective advice on medicines and their use to the public and provide technical advice to other health professionals, drug regulatory bodies, health planners and policy makers.
- To educate, guide and help in adoption of preventive and curative measures against disease.
- To promote, in collaboration with other health professionals, the concept of Pharmaceutical care as a means of furthering the rational use of drugs and of actively participating in illness prevention and health promotion.
- To support relevant research and training programmes.
Prof. Dr. Arif Ullah Khan
Dean & Director
Riphah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (RIPS)
Dr. Arif-ullah Khan has wide range of teaching, research and administrative experience in field of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Dr. Khan has published over 70 research articles with cumulative impact factor of 110 and 750 plus citations. He is HEC approved PhD supervisor and is currently supervising M.Phil/PhD students in the area Pharmacological research. Dr. Khan has achieved several National and International prestigious awards for his valuable scientific contributions. He is recognized several times by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology as a productive scientist. Dr. Khan is awarded the Salimuzzaman Siddiqui Prize in Applied Science-Technology by the Third World Academy of Sciences, Italy in collaboration with Pakistan Academy of Science. He is a reviewer of several International Journals and member of different scientific societies/bodies. Dr. Khan often participates, presents his research and shares technical expertise in the National and International Conferences related to the science of Pharmacy Discipline