The purpose of the Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) program is to produce effective leaders and scholars in health professions education, who can manage the change & bring reform in medical education at national level and effectively to direct the future health care delivery systems. The Masters of Health Professions Education (MHPE) provides an educational research foundation for teaching, assessment and leadership in health professions education.
The MHPE curriculum comprises of twelve courses which focus on the application of learning principles to educational practice. The post-graduation in Health Professions Education is a credential for educational leadership. It is a two year, 04 semester’s long program. Maters in HPE will be awarded on successful completion of 12 Courses (Basic & Advance Level) in semester # 03 and submission of quality Thesis / Dissertation.
The program directors regularly annually:
- Initiate the procedures for regularly reviewing and updating program structure and functions based on international standards (WFME) and national accreditation bodies (HEC & PMDC).
- Have a system for rectifying documented deficiencies.
- Base the process of renewal on results of program evaluation and wider changes in educational knowledge, theory and practice, where appropriate.
Masters in Health Professions Education of Riphah International University endeavors to promote excellence in teaching & learning and broaden the horizon of rigorous research by generating communities of leaders and scholars. It will also promote the mission of Riphah International University.
The mission of this masters program is to prepare and generate leaders and scholars in Health Professions Education who will of initiating and sustaining academic development & change in their institutions and covert their teaching into scholarly work both locally & globally.
Outcomes of Program
- Developed the basic competencies of teaching and assessment necessary to become a reflective teacher practitioner.
- Understood core theoretical principles of teaching, learning and assessment and demonstrated their abilities to apply these to their own educational contexts.
- Understood core theoretical principles of management, leadership and curriculum development, and demonstrated their abilities to apply these to their own educational contexts.
- Developed competencies of curriculum development and leadership to become reflective educational leaders.
- Understood core theoretical principles of educational research and demonstrated their abilities to apply these through their own independent research study.
- Developed competencies of becoming educational researchers.Developed important transferable academic skills (e.g. reflection, critical thinking, academic writing, information literacy and autonomous study skills).
- All Health Professionals with a bachelor’s degree (minimum 16 yrs of education).
- Minimum basic qualification: MBBS, BDS, DPT, D-Pharmacy and BS.c Nursing Portfolios.
- Interview, will be taken by the admission committee.
- Be fluent in English as judged in interview.
- Be conversant in using computer and Internet.
- Candidate shall have to appear in university based entry test.