ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL COLLEGE (IIMC):
Islamic International Medical College (IIMC) is pioneer private Sector medical college in North region of Pakistan. The college was established in 1996 as a subsidiary of Islamic International Medical College Trust (IIMC-T) with an aim to provide extended health care services and research innovations.
To be a premier institute in training & grooming doctors of impeccable professional ability with exacting standards of moral & ethical values ho exercise excellence in providing healthcare & practicing medical sciences and are acclaimed nationally as well as internationally
Late Maj. Gen. Muhammad Zulfiqar Ali Khan TI (M), TBt (R) An internationally renowned Cardiologist and a medical personality of unquestionable integrity with exceptional caliber. He was founding Chairman of the Islamic International Medical College Trust, a not for profit educational trust established in 1995. He has to his credit the establishment and smooth running of Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC) / National Institute of Heart Diseases (NIHD), Islamic International Medical College Trust, Hearts International Hospital and Pakistan National Heart Association (PANAH).
These Institutions are living tribute to his professional capabilities and administrative skills. His invaluable services for the people of Pakistan, for Armed Forces of Pakistan and for mankind as a whole, particularly in health and education sector, will serve as Beacon of Light for the coming generation.
Aims & Objectives:
IIMC was founded with sole purpose of providing quality education, disciplined behavior and character building of the budding doctors. The graduating doctors are expected to be:
1. Good, practicing and enlightened Muslim medical professionals.
2. Committed to Professional excellence with strong community orientation.
3. Able to manage emergencies in clinical practice.
4. Research oriented knowledge seekers.
5. Conversant with application of latest information technology in medical profession.
National and International Accreditation:
The College is affiliated with Riphah International University, Islamabad and is recognized by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM & DC). IIMC is also listed in the WHO directory of accredited medical schools and universities, International Medical Education Directory, USA (IMED), International Institute of Medical Education, USA (IIME) and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
Eighteen batches of MBBS students have already graduated and are registered with PM & DC. They are taken as valuable addition to coterie of medical professionals both nationally as well as internationally.
IIMC offers five years basic and clinical training leading to Bachelors in Medicine & Bachelors of Surgery (MBBS). It also offers M. Phil in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Histopathology, Chemical Pathology, Hematology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, M.Sc Pain Medicine, Diploma in Anesthesiology, MHPE (Master of Health Profession Education), PhD, and Training in Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Anesthesia, and Physiology for FCPS Part-II is recognized by College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan.
For clinical and practical training four hospitals are affiliated with IIMC. These are:
1. IIMCT Pakistan Railways Hospital, Rawalpindi, administered since 1998. 353 bed tertiary care hospital.
2. Riphah International Hospital, established 2014. 154 bed tertiary care hospital.
3. Islamic International Dental Hospital, Islamabad, established since 2001. 125 Dental Chairs in different dental specialties.
4. Hearts International Hospital, Rawalpindi, established since 1996. 105 bed hospital for delivering high-tech care in cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology and many other areas.