At Riphah International University, we aspire to take leadership in the national movement to improve quality and safety in healthcare.
Creation of the Riphah Institute of Healthcare Improvement &Safety will pioneer a culture of accountability and patient safety that aim to eliminate preventable harms, improve patient experiences and health outcomes, and reduce waste in health care delivery at the lowest cost possible
The Riphah Institute of Healthcare Improvement & Safety plans to train leaders in quality improvement and patient safety and to promote research that defines best practices for healthcare quality improvement and patient safety.
- To take leadership in initiating the national movement to improve quality and safety in healthcare
- To train and build capacity of leaders in quality improvement and patient safety
- To promote research that defines best practices for healthcare quality improvement and patient safety
- To develop a critical mass of Quality and Patient Safety change agents
- To become leader in uniting healthcare providers and engaging nationally and internationally renowned experts and organizations in collaborative efforts
- To create awareness in general public about importance of Quality and Patient safety by conducting awareness sessions in educational institutions, Programs for Safety and Quality on FM Radio, television and public awareness messages in newspapers.
- To improve and develop quality and safety standards of all Riphah International University affiliated and other hospitals including international hospitals
- To develop national policy and quality and safety standards.
Scope / Future Prospect:
- ISO certification and JCI accreditation of Riphah International University and IIMC affiliated hospitals and other local and international hospitals.
- Train the team of professionals within Riphah and other Pakistani and regional hospitals which will implement and take lead in implementing the quality & safety standards in Riphah affiliated hospitals and other local & international hospitals
- Improve patient experience & hence satisfaction at hospitals
- Establish & position the name of Riphah International University as a leader in quality & safety.
- Produce & publish research papers in international journals
- Islamic International Medical College and other health institutes become leaders in integrating quality & safety in their curriculum
- To take membership and subscriptions of international quality and safety organizations and certifying bodies like IHI,NAHQ,NPSF,PNAC
- To launch Healthcare Quality and Safety Association of Pakistan
Aims of Riphah Institute of Healthcare Improvement and Safety:
The Institute aims to reduce preventable harm, improve clinical outcomes and experiences and reduce waste in health care delivery at Riphah affiliated hospitals and other national and regional as well as Middle East hospitals. The institute’s work will mainly focus on:
- Eliminating medical errors and complications of care
- Enhancing clinical and patient-reported outcomes for all patients
- Delivering patient- and family-centered care
- Ensuring clinical excellence
- Improving health care efficiency and value
- Creating a culture that values collaboration, accountability and organizational learning
- Developing a critical mass of Quality and Patient Safety change agents by conducting courses and training programs in collaboration with International Universities
- Launch of certificate, diploma, BS, MS and PhD programs in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety