Eligibility criteria for MBBS/BDS program
- Applications for admission/entry test will be invited through IIMC and Riphah International University web sites and advertisement in local and foreign print and electronic media.
- Apply Online by visiting our admission portal; admissions.riphah.edu.pk (By hand applications are not acceptable, Incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Application processing fee of Rs. 2000/- (in person) or Rs. 2100/- (by courier in favour of IIMCT) can be submitted in any of our Admission Offices.
- You can also update you submitted application from the admission portal (admissions.riphah.edu.pk).
- Foreign nationals shall complete the online application form, take its print and forward the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, requesting them for grant of clearance to the candidate and subsequently forwarding their application to Ministry of Education who after completing the formalities shall forward the case to Islamic International Medical College. It would be advisable if foreign applicants send their applications through their own Government Embassy/High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Foreign nationals will need a student visa to enter Pakistan for studies, once their admission is confirmed. An overseas applicant cannot seek admission in any educational institution in Pakistan with a Tourist or Visit Visa and is liable to be deported by the Government of Pakistan as per regulations, for which College will not bear any responsibility.
- The aptitude test/ interview will be held according to the date, time and place intimated by email to the applicants after receiving their applications for admission. Merit list, once compiled, will be posted on the IIMC and Riphah International University web sites as well as on college notice board. Interview call letters will be sent by post/email to candidates according to the merit.
- Result/final selection intimation will be dispatched to the successful candidates only.
- The College shall not issue any admission letter to foreign applicant unless clearance from the Government agencies is received.
- The candidate should have passed the intermediate science (FSc) examination (medical group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination of a board of secondary education in Pakistan.
- Any other examination of a foreign university or examining body (A levels etc.) which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the intermediate science F.Sc (Pre Medical Group) examination (medical group) of a Pakistani university or board of secondary education.
Such candidates will have to furnish, along with their application, an equivalence certificate from the inter-board chairman of committee (IBCC). However, equivalence certificates of such applicants will not be accepted who have not studied physics, chemistry, biology and English in 11th and 12th grade.
- The candidate should have passed a higher examination of a Pakistani university with biological sciences (BSc) after FSc in medical group, securing 60% marks (in both degrees) in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination.
• The candidate shall have to appear in the provincial government's entry test (UHS, ETEA etc).
Admission for expatriates (Pakistani students living abroad)
- Pakistani nationals living abroad who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above are eligible to take the entry test. If they do not take the entry test, they can alternatively take the SAT II test with minimum score of 550.
- If the medium of instruction in that country is other than English, they will also have to take TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 or IELTS with a minimum score of 5.5.
- They are eligible for both open merit seats and the reserved seats for expatriates. However entry test is mandatory for admission on open merit seat.
Admission for international students (Non Pakistanis)
- Foreign nationals are also eligible for admission, subject to the merit determined by the college based on FSc or equivalent (A levels / 12th grade) examination and the SAT II score.
- They will not be required to take the entry test. However, they will have to furnish the SAT II score of 550.
• If the medium of instruction in that country is other than English, they will also have to take TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 or IELTS with a minimum score of 5.5.
- They must apply through their foreign office.
- They will only be admitted against the reserved seats for foreign students provided they meet the selection criteria.
- Age limit: There is no age limit for admission in MBBS/BDS program.
- Marital status: Marital status does not affect the selection.
- Fitness: The candidate should possess adequate mental and physical health to continue his/her course of studies.
- Ineligibility/ Cancellation of Admission:
- The candidate must not have been expelled / rusticated from any educational institution.
- The admission can be terminated at any stage in case of false information.
The admission committee may cancel/refuse admission of/to any student without assigning any reason.
The merit list will be prepared by the Admission Committee after the Entry Test in accordance with the following formula:
- F. Sc or equivalent 40%
- Matric or equivalent 10%
- Entry test or equivalent 50%
Additional weightage will be given for Hafiz-e-Quraan and NCC Training certificate as for government policy in vogue.
Note: If any of the above certificates/documents are found false or forged, legal action will be taken against the student and he/she will be debarred from admission. Original documents of the selected candidates will be submitted in the College and returned after completion of the course of studies or when student discontinues his/her course of studies after submission of clearance certificates from all departments and library etc. Application forms and photocopies of the documents of candidates, not selected, are not returnable.
The admission fee and other dues will not be refunded to those students whose admission has been cancelled due to his/her fabricated documents or if he/she is rusticated / expelled/removed from the college for any reasons or he/she discontinues his/her studies. Admission will be provisional. Any candidate whose particulars, certificates or any other documents submitted with the admission form are found incorrect on confirmation from the Board/relevant authority or whose authentication is doubtful will be struck off the College roll, even if the candidate has been admitted.
A student can be expelled from college by the Principal at any time during the course of his/her study, if incorrect or wrong data has been submitted by such candidate/parents/guardian at the time of admission.
No show cause notice will be necessary for any action under this rule, nor would the Government of Pakistan, Principal or University or any other authority be liable for damages for any action under this rule. Candidates who fail to report for interview/admission on the prescribed date shall be considered to have forfeited his /her right of admission (for Pak nationals only).
MSc PAIN MEDICINE PROGRAMME
- MBBS or equivalent qualification recognized by PMDC.
- Minimum MCPS or DA in Anaesthesia with three years experience.
- Anaesthesiologists running Pain Clinics in Government Hospitals will be given preference.
DIPLOMA IN ANAESTHESIOLOGY (D.A.)
- MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognized college.
- One year house job in recognized institution. OR
- Practical experience of working in anaesthesia department of a teaching hospital, as medical officer for not less than one year, in lieu of above. OR
- Pre-PO training in Anaesthesiology, at the department of RIU, or affiliated medical colleges, for a period of one year.
- Registration for DA under RIU.
- Valid registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
Note: Candidates who had completed two years training in Anaesthesia recognized institute can sit in DA final examination E.g.Graded specialist of Army.