RIPHAH COLLEGE OF VETERINARY SCIENCES, LAHORE
Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences (RCVetS) is a premier veterinary college in private sector in Pakistan established in 2012. It offers five years Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, Para veterinary diploma and other short courses.
The Riphah College ofveterinary sciences is the only institute that has been accredited by Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC) in September 2012. The College will impart quality education and necessary skills with integration of Islamic values and norms. All the efforts will be made to provide conducive atmosphere needed for an ethical career and profession to produce professionals that could meet the international standards. The college is committed to produce Vets and Para Vets who are capable to compete internationally for employment with special focus on Middle East, Europe and Canada.
The College is located at main Multan road Lahore. It is peri urban area of the city and is thickly populated with livestock that is an advantage to have not only sufficient
number of sick animals but a variety of cases at College Teaching Veterinary Hospital and Artificial Insemination Centre for the practical demonstration and learning of
students. A modern slaughter house at walking distance, number of commercial Poultry Farms and Feed Mills within the radious of 30Km will be an other good source of learning for the students.
Principal - Prof. Dr. Salah-ud-din
Dr. Salah-ud-Din earned his B.Sc. (AH) B.V.Sc. from College of Animal Husbandry, Lahore in 1965. He did his M.Sc. (Hons.) Medalist from University of Agriculture (UAF), Faisalabad in 1967. He passed his PGD (Dairy Science) from University of Sydney, Australia in 1976. He got Ph.D degree from the Ohio State University Columbus, USA in 1989. He attended number of training courses from National and International institutions & was exposed to many seminars, conferences, workshops, symposiums at international level. In recognition of his services to agriculture sector he was awarded membership of the honor society of Agriculture, Gamma Sigma Delta in USA in 1988.
He served as Additional Commissioner (Dev). Chief Agriculture, Chief Environment, Project Coordinator IFAD/ FAO/UNDP assisted projects in P &D Department and D.G. Animal Husbandry and held many portfolios as Secretary to Government in AJK. He served as Chief Technical Advisor UNDP and successfully completed a number of National and International consultancies and assignments with FAO, UNDP, IFAD, UNICEF, Oxford Group UK. He served as Director Institute of Continuing Education & Extension, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences and Principal Officer Ravi Campus UVAS, Patoki. He has 40 year experience at his credit in veterinary field services, community development, training as well as teaching at different levels.
Director Admin and development - Professor Dr. Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry
He obtained B.V.Sc., B.Sc. (A.H.) degree in 1970 from College of Animal Husbandry, Lahore. He did his M.Sc. (Hons) in Pathology in 1978 & obtained his M.S. form Canada in 1985. He served as Assistant Professor and Associate professor of Pathology. He was selected as pathologist by the Government of Abu Dhabi in 1993. He was awarded Ph. D. in 1998 by University of Punjab. He was selected as professor of Pathology in 2003 & was appointed Dean of the faculty of veterinary sciences in 2007. He has served as chairman of the Pathology department and also as Director of Institute of Continuing Education and Extension UVAS. He is HEC approved Ph. D. supervisor and has produced several Ph.Ds and is currently supervising two Ph.D Scholars under HEC’s Indigenous Ph D scholarship.
He has at his credit more than hundred international and national publications, including an excellent book entitled “Camel and Its Diseases”, which was published in Dubai, UAE. He was awarded best teacher award by the HEC for the year 2004.
- To become an excellent veterinary educational institution.
- To be a hub for scientist, researchers, industry and farmers for the development of livestock and poultry sector.
- The Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences aims at striving toward excellence in teaching, research and professional services to expand knowledge and provide services in veterinary sciences for the development and welfare of animal industry, animal care and food security & Safety.
- To produce a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine graduates who could meet the National and International standards of Veterinary profession being skillful, ethically strong and motivated by Islamic ideology.
- To enhance research activities that shall contribute to knowledge in veterinary sciences and benefit the farmers & society.
- To provide quality and up-to-date veterinary services for the prophylactic measures and treatment of sick animals.
- To provide training and consultancy for the establishment and management of livestock and poultry farms.
- To provide free consultancy services to poor farmers in villages and encouraging female gender participation in training, farming and veterinary services as well.
- To develop linkages and bilateral cooperation with National and International Veterinary Institutes and Organizations.
Free pick and drop facility from hostel and Motorway Junction, Thokar Niaz Baig to college.