Policy on Student Conduct & Discipline
The purpose of education is the production of ethically oriented researchers and leaders. This is achieved through disciplining of mind, manners, conduct and behavior of all seekers of knowledge. In the following we provide general rules governing the students conduct and behavior. All students are advised to read them carefully and abide by these instructions, orders, rules and regulations, ethical and moral code in their conduct, behavior and appearance as envisaged in prospectus, periodic notification, directives and instructions issued by university authority and officials, implemented by the teaching staff, class proctors or class seniors (appointed by the university administration) from time to time.
General Conduct :
• Students are expected to live up to the ideals of the Riphah International University, seek knowledge, develop tolerance, honesty, hard work and good relationship with colleagues, teachers, staff and public in accordance with the norms of Islamic behavior.
• Students shall be regular in their prayers and other obligations and offer willing cooperation in promotion of Islamic norms and values with integrity and discipline in order to have progress of Muslim Ummah.
• Students shall be regular and punctual in their academic work and carry out the instructions of their teachers, management and staff of the university seriously and willingly.
• Students shall cooperate in the promotion of the atmosphere of peace and orderly behavior on-campus in and outside the University in accordance with Islamic values.
General Guiding Principles:
1. Students shall regularly and punctually observe Islamic obligations (Faraid) on all the campuses, teaching hospitals, hostels and other University premises.
2. Students shall be well aware of and abide by the rules and regulation of the University.
3. Students shall follow the dress codes as mentioned in this prospectus or as prescribed from time to time.
4. Students shall be punctual in attending their lectures, tutorials, continuing education program, co-curricular activities, making payments of their fees and dues, and returning of the library books.
5. Students shall not be allowed to sing, whistle, hoot, create noise and indulge in any unseemly behavior. No student is allowed to loiter and move aimlessly in and around the academic blocks or sit in areas other than designated for sitting of boys and girls on all campuses.
6. All parts of the university buildings, premises shall be kept clean—e.g., walls, fixtures, models,specimens, charts, etc should not be tempered, defaced, mutilated or damaged in any way or form, defaulters will be dealt with severity.
7. Students are required to observe strict discipline at all campuses including playgrounds or areas so declared as well as off campus when wearing university ID card and uniform.
8. Students should use only areas specified for males and females, other than academic purpose, co-meetings, mixing of genders in discussions and parties are strictly prohibited.
9. Students are required to attend the co-curricular
10. Students have to strictly observe university dress code.
11. Students should not enter the administrative offices or staff room(s) without permission.
12. Students are not allowed to intentionally damage the university property and equipment.
13. Students are not allowed to see their visitors or bring them in the university during academic hours.
14. Students are not allowed to celebrate birthday parties on campuses.
15. Students are not allowed to wear ostentatious jewelry (real and artificial).
16. No gathering or meeting of students will be allowed on the premises of the university without prior permission of the concerned Dean and/or the Vice Chancellor.
Grounds for Discipline:
1. Proctorial board/discipline committee may take disciplinary action for the commission of the following violations by students, as well as such other violations as may be specified in university rules & regulations.
2. Violation of Islamic obligations (Faraid) & indulging in any activity derogatory to Islam or prestige and honor of university.
3. All forms of academic misconduct including cheating, fabrication, plagiarism, or facilitating academic dishonesty.
4. Act of disrespect to teachers, visiting faculty and staff of university.
Other forms of dishonesty including furnishing false information, or reporting a false emergency to the university.
5. Forgery, alteration, or misuse of any university document, record, key, electronic, device, or identification.
6. Theft of, conversation of, destruction of, or damage to any property of the university, or any property of others.
7. Theft or abuse of university equipment and moveable property other electronic resources.
8. Unauthorized entry to possession of, receipt of, or use of any university services including The university name, insignia, or seal.
9. Physical abuse including conduct that threats health or safety of any person.
Obstruction or disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary procedures, or other university activities.
10. Disorderly or lewd conduct.
11. Selling, preparing, or distributing for any commercial purpose course lectures notes or videos or audio recordings of any course unless authorized by the university in advance.
12. Smoking and use of illegal substances.
13. Possession or misuse of firearms or guns ammunition, explosives, knives or other weapons, or dangerous chemicals.
14. Mixing with Opposite Gender.
15. Violation of instruction of the university authorities and office.
16. Organization of any strikes, protests and walkout etc
DRESS CODE FOR POSTGRADUATES LEVEL STUDENTS:
Students have to strictly observe university's dress code and have to display their student cards.
Dress pant, full sleeve shirt with neck tie or proper decent Shalwar qamees.
Dress shoes (Oxford) with socks
Proper clothes adhering to Islamic Values. Clothes with thin material and/or tight fittings are not
allowed. Scarf large enough to cover full head neck and body is mandatory.
Shoes with small heels. In addition to this, girls shall wear Abaya that may be white/black or light colored.
Both male and female can wear woolen pullover with “V” shaped neck and/or Blazer.
The head scarf is mandatory for female students and it should cover their head, hair, neck and figure properly.
Female students should wear full sleeve shirts without slits.
Baggy pants, Jeans, jackets and joggers are not allowed.